Thursday, August 12, 2010

Coming Back to Eden

Coming Back to Eden
Mary Beth Hough

You invited me back.
Back to Eden.
I forgot who You were.
But, You said You knew me.

The memories of my failure.
The doubts of Your grace.
The lies I believed for years swelled within me.
You don't care.
You don't want me.
You won't catch me.

I sat and pondered.
You said, Don't you remember?

With a hoe in hand, You started at the ground.
Dig. Dig.
I have loved you. I chose you anyway.
You can't escape me. I love you too much.
Dig. Dig.


With hestiation, I start to You.
And, You wait.
The mess on my shoulders and in my mind starts falling down with sloppy plops on the ground.
I see you keep working the hoe. The ground gets easier.
Dig. Dig.

You say, Child, there will be more.
But today's trouble is enough for today.



"I love the Lord, because He hears my voice."

"For the Lord longs to be gracious to you. He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for Him to help."

No comments:

Post a Comment