Friday, April 22, 2011



These days are so full, rich, and deep. Sometimes, I really forget why they are. I forget about dwelling in the present moments with God; I forget about eternity.

"In Him is Life! And, this Life is the Light of men. The Light shines through the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it" (John 1:4-5).

As I was skimming over my blog posts, I am made aware of how much has happened! I have changed so much! But, more importantly, I have fallen more in love with Jesus because of His great love for me.

I appreciate lists. So, here is a list of changes, things that I am learning, and things that I am experiencing.

1. I am on staff with Campus Crusade for Christ, and I will be working at Kennesaw State University when I reach full-support.
2. I am four months out of school. What a relief!
3. I am growing into adulthood, and I never wanted to grow up when I was younger. I stayed as young as I could. ***
4. I am learning how to posture myself under the grandeur, magnificence, and holiness of God. My life is not my own, and I have been bought with a price (1 Cor. 6:19-20).
5. I have tasted and seen the goodness of God in ways that I never thought I would (Ps. 34:8).

***To be transparent with you, I will give you an example how I tried to stay young: I played with Barbie's until I was about 12.

All of these things changes and growing experiences are affecting the current season of life that I am in: I am raising support for the work that God has called me to with Campus Crusade for Christ. This is stretching and challenging. But, I believe in the yielding that it will bring: dependency upon the Lord and a greater view of who I am in Him.

I encourage you to think over the past several months and ask yourself: What changes have occurred? Where have I been growing, or where have I not been growing? Have I fallen more in love with Jesus? If not, do I understand that He loves me completely?

"Behold, you delight in truth in the innermost place; You teach me wisdom in the secret heart" (Ps. 51:6).

No comments:

Post a Comment