Wednesday, June 9, 2010



I was made for another world. I was made for another world. I was made for another world.

My mind has been constantly thinking.

God's pursuit of man is ridiculous; the way that I defend my sin is despicable; my unwillingness to lose control is futile. I can fight the surrender, but it makes for a miserable experience: Because all of my efforts amount to pride--an unreasonable trust that I am able to satisfy myself. But, I can't.

I am a well--a deep, yet finite chasm that longs to be filled.

Proverbs 4:23
"Above all else guard your heart, for from it flow the springs of life."

Proverbs 20:5
"The purposes of a man's heart are deep waters, but a man of understanding draws them out."

Psalm 42:7
"Deep calls to deep
in the roar of your waterfalls;
all your waves and breakers
have swept over me."

There is only one whose glory has such a weight that the chasm becomes complete.

Come, Lord Jesus, Come.

No comments:

Post a Comment